Suffering from type- II diabetes. Temper while drinking alcohol. How to get rid of this habit?

my husband has had type two diabetes for a couple of years. he had problems controlling his temper when he has been drinking alcohol, which is daily. it is worse if he drinks cider. he drinks approx 3 pints daily on an empty stomach. when he returns home after drinking, at 5pm, on his way home from work, he is often ready to pick an argument, citisize me of one of the children. even though he has probably driven home above the legal drink drive limit. He really becomes evil. tonight he has smashed dishes on the floor, because he was challenged by myself and daughter re his drink driving.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Diabetologist 's  Response

Your husband is a Diabetic and chronic drinker.
There are many challenges in controlling both.
Diabetes and drinking damages organs like eye, heart, nerves, kidneys and liver.
Control of Diabetes and adhering to the treatment will be difficult.
Enroll in a good de addiction programme and anger management.
Consult a Psychiatrist.