Suffering from trauma, anxiety, psychosomatic illness. Having rashes, hands red and burning. Treatment?

I have had a traumatic childhood and recently went through a family break up. My hands fee like they are red and burning, i get covered in a rash , my bowels are not working properly, my feet sometimes feel like im walking on hot needles. I hricave seen my great gp which said i was suffering from acute anxiety phychosomatic illness . Im off to a new Phychologist on Friday, my question is will I have to see a Phychiatrist ? and why are my hands so hot and ichy, will i have this forever?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013