Suffering from tonsillitis after an unprotected oral sex. Swollen painful lymph nodes, fever. STD chances?

Hi. I performed unprotected oral sex on a man nearly 2 weeks ago, and have now come down with what appears to be tonsilitis . My lymph gland on the right side is extremely swollen painful and inflamed. i also have been feeling tired and feverish as tonsillitis usually makes you feel. I know this man has had his fair share of women and i am worried about sexually transmitted infections, i have read that acute hiv symptoms are similar and other sti s show signs like that. Is this likely to be due to an STI? thankyou.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013