Suffering from tight tummy and diarrhea. Had bowel cancer, hernia and hysterectomy. What do u suggest?

Hi, my elderly mother has been unable to keep food or anything down, for the last 4 days, she had a tight tummy until she passed wind and slight diarrea last night, she is able to take in some fluids, she has had bowel cancer before and is screened regulary, but she has a hernia from her bowel cancer operation from a few years ago which seems to be getting bigger. There is also a chance it may have been food poisoning , but its been 4 days now. My mother has previously had her gall stones removed, a hiatius hernia, and bleed internally many years ago when she had a histerctomy. Her temperature is normal.What do you suggest we do?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012