Suffering from thyroid. Gaining weight. Test showed no thyroid. What is the possibility of disappearing thyroid?

Hello Doctor, I am a 29 year old married woman. i am suffering from Thyroid in which i gained weight for past 7 years. But last year i checked it and there is not thyroid mentioned in my report. So i just wanted to know is that possible that after so many years of thyroid problem it could have just disappeared like that? I then i again did that test with some other hospital but results were same. I do not have thyroid.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012