Suffering from throat problem after quit smoking

There is something "wrong" in my throat. It started about 3 months ago, when my kids got strep. I also got a scrip for Amoxicillin, as I had a "sensation" in my throat (figuring I had caught it from them) however the sensation has only gotten worse. I had 2 full Amox scrips that I took as prescribed. The sensations change and move... mostly its a high irritation of my pappilae behind my tongue. Acidic foods and or alcohol seem to agrevate this. Then that calms down and I may feel fine for a while, then I get sensations lower in my throat, like a tightness. Today I woke up and it hurts to breath in, I feel it on my left like in my lungs. Swallowing isnt painfull, but the circumfrance of my throat seems reduced. 2 weeks ago I went to an ENT whos coped me, didnt see anything out of the oridinary. I prescribed a nystatin rinse, which actually seemed to be working, mostly. but 3 days after finishing it, the symptoms flared back up. I went to the Dr again 2 days ago for an extreme tightness in my throat (like someone was choking me around my lower neck) and didnt feel anything odd. What do I do?! lol I am at my wits end, this needs to go away! 

I quit smoking cigarettes 2 weeks ago, and I've cut back on my drinking to once a week, 6 drinks. (used to be 3 nights a week)

Asked On : Fri, 29 Jan 2010