Suffering from terminal throat cancer. Not able to speak. Have pain. Survival chances?

Hi Doctor, my Dad has terminal Throat Cancer and is currently in the Hospice. He is currently unable to speak and due to the medication for the pain is unable to speak. He had a Peg inserted in his small bowel two weeks ago however the feed appears to be running through him. He took a lung infection after the procedure to insert the peg and survived despite medical opinion. Could you inform me of possible signs of the end for my Father?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013