Suffering from swollen throat, enlarged tonsils with white spots and fatigue. Tested negative for strep and mono. What treatment to be given?

My 21 yr old son has been sick for about 2 wks with an extremely sore, swollen throat , enlarged tonsils with white spots, and extreme fatigue . He has tested negative for strep , negative for mono, and his CBC is within normals ranges. He goes back to college next week, but he is still so ill I don t know how he will do that. He sleeps so much and his throat looks horrible. What would you suggest?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012