Suffering from stroke, cough, cold, low appetite, difficulty in sitting, average BP, prescribed Dexona, deriphyllin mix injection. Advisable?

My grand father is 87 year old patient and suffering from stroke ( paralysis ) attack from last 3year 3month. in these days he is feeling cough and cold and their diet become very less and he is unable to sit. For cough one local practitioner( compunder/ male nurse ) advised to us give him to dexona and deriphyllin mix injection. His Blood pressure is from last one month average 110/70 today is the same . can i follow the advise of local Practiosner. and these injections will not harm to him ?.My grand father is living in village and I am in UAE. Doctors pl. suggests.
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012