Suffering from stomache pain with black stools. Why the infection is reoccurring even after treatment ?

I posted about my husband previously before, so the pain continues ... My husband was treated with antibiotics , prevacid, and iron tablets for h pylori and anemia . So the stomach pain went away for about a month. Now it hurts again but only like 2 times this week and last week but doesn t hurt not a lot, just slightly. So he started taking prevacid again but not every day like it says so on the box, just a 2 times last week and 2 this week(when it did hurt), not as directed to do so daily at the same time for 14 days. so yesterday he had black stools again and he wonders why. has the infection come back or what?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Aug 2011