Suffering from stomach gas, severe constipation. Having GERD. Done liver test. Is it a liver problem?

sir, i am 30 years old. today i got my liver function test report . my alt is 87 and ast 38. alkaline phosphates 65, total bilrubin 0.8. i am suffering from stomach gas, severe constipation , stool color is pale yellow. i have to take laxatives to empty my stomach. Also i am having GERD . kindly suggest me what should i do.. is this a liver problem or IBS thanks
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Hi umarsaeed1983m
It seems that you have 2 separate issues. The liver enzyme elevation is nonspecific, however you should have further evaluation by a liver doctor (gastroenterologist or hepatologist); you should make sure you don't have any sort of viral hepatitis (such as hepatitis A,B or C), fatty liver (currently the most common cause), autoimmune liver disease, etc. Your gastrointestinal symptoms are something probably unrelated, and yes you could have IBS-constipation, however before commiting to that diagnosis a gastroenterologist would probably modify your diet, test your for bacterial overgrowth. I highly suggest you visit a gastroenterologist (stomach / liver doctor).