Suffering from spinal stenosis. Nausea and weakness on taking painkillers. Suggestion required on nonsurgical solution?

My mother is 65 years old and had R arthritis from last 22 years. She is using steroid (deltacortil 10Mg) every day along with lefora and pluginil. She already has gone through a knee replacement surgery in year 2006. From the last 8 months or so she has severe neck pain on left side (above shoulder) and in the left side of head. As per the cervical spine MRI she has spinal stenosis , however no myelopathy . The spine surgeon recommends that we should go for physio therapy and pain killers and surgery is no recommended if no myelopathy. However the pain killers are feeling week and nausea (Tramol and Synflex) I need suggestion on what should we do and suggestion is needed on non surgerical solutions like epidural steroid injection or flaccid point injection. Few days back she has increased a steroid a little bit for few days and she has felt an ease in pain.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012