Suffering from sore throat, sharp pain in throat and Headache. Suggestion?

Hi, I was just wondering if this is just another part of a common cold; last Friday I came home with a sore throat without having had a cold preceding this that then has gradually gotten worse. Right now I can t talk too much or cough/clear my throat without getting a sharp pain in my throat and I get a slight pain there too when breathing in. If this is just a sore throat that s slightly worse than the norm then I ve never had it before! I ve been getting headaches too but I m not sure if it s related... anyway, thank you for your time :)
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013