Suffering from sore throat and cough, hurts when swallowing. Taking Advil and Tylenol. Is it laryngitis?

I have had a sore throat , and coughing for over a week and it is not getting any better at all! It hurts when I breathe in. It hurts when I swallow , and cough, mostly it is a dry cough, but there is also phlem, or mucus which is worse in the morning, it is thick and dark yellow. My head hurts from coughing. I am not sure if I have a fever or not, because I have been taking Advil , and or Tylenol non stop for thr past eight or nine days. I went to a walk in clinic 3 days ago......he said layrengytis, ( my voice is very hoarse) he did not look at my throat, he looked in my ears, and listened to my chest, I am worried because I have not had any improvement. It also gets worse when lying down, I have had to sleep sitting up for the last week.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013