Suffering from smelly stools, yellow. Why abdominal discomfort?

hi, my eight yr old son is suffereing from smelly stools , bright yellow in color,abdominal discomfort. my doctor advised oflomac m forte 2 tsps twice a day and pantachem d twice a day. but my son threw up after taking these medicines citing taste of oflomac m forte. what can i give him in such a situation. he refuses to take medicine in tablet form. his weight is 44 kgs.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Your kid seems to have gastroenteritis and needs antibiotic medication.Since he is 8years you may ask him to have some candies/toffees to mask the aftertaste of oflamac and convince him that he has to get cure of his infection and the medication is just for a short duration.Try to complete the course as far as possible or consult your doctor for an alternative medicine.Hope this helps.Your son will get well soon.