Suffering from sleeplessness. Feeling tired and less enthusiastic. Do I need any treatment?

Hi. I am suffering from sleeplessness since 6 months. I have difficulty falling asleep and generally I need to watch TV or read to feel sleepy. Also, my sleep is not continuous and I often wake up 3-4 times every night. I do not sleep in the noon since I am working. When I wake up in the morning, I am often very tired and less enthusiastic towards doing any activity. Whereas, I am pretty fresh late in the nights. I am 29 years old, unmarried, and have a very sedentary lifestyle . I weigh around 76 kgs. Do I need some kind of therapy so as to be able to sleep well and be more active in general? I feel this lack of sleep is now affecting me - generally reduced interest, social disinterest and lack of planning or working towards any specific aims... I have also started becoming negative in general and procrastinating important things.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013