Suffering from side effects of masturbation. Treatment?

hi, i am masturbating since last 14 years, of which almost 8 years consisted high frequencey from daily to weekly. as soon as i found that all physical and mental problems i was having were due to this, i reduce it... but i want yo know how to restore my body back to normal... i am having tons of problems as said to be due to it.... my CARRER HAS been jepoardized ... now whatever life is reamining i want to live it in a better way ... please suggest some daily routine or habits or meds...
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

It is a misconception that masturbation can cause any physical or mental problems. It is a commonly held belief that semen is made from the blood and semen loss means wastage of blood, which causes mental and physical weakness. It is true that semen is made from the blood but urine is also made from the blood, and if urine loss cause no weakness then there is no reason for semen loss to cause weakness. But people do not know this and start worrying about the ill effects of masturbation, which causes anxiety and depression.

So please stop worrying and feeling guilty about masturbation. If you are having some problems, then they are likely to be because of other causes and not masturbation. Please see a doctor and get routine blood tests done. If there are any deficiencies, then nutritional supplements may be taken.

Hope this helps you. Best wishes.