Suffering from shortness of breath and chest tightness, allergic reaction to Avocado. Home remedy?

Hi, I m not sure what the exact diagnosis of my condition was called exactly but I think it was acute bronchitis , as a result from an allergic reaction to an avocado . I am currently taking prednisolone as well as antihistamine tablets as treatment, as my symptom of shortness of breathe and tightness in chest is bringing me great discomfort at times and is causing me worry. I was wondering how long these cases usually last? and how sufferers of these conditions are meant to feel and if you might have some suggestions for home based remedies?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
They will last for 3 week
Start taking Singular 10 mg tds
Syp Asthalin 1/2 tsf tds
Syp tossex !2 TSF BD
add antacid gel
# week is maximum period to revert the reactions