Suffering from severe rheumatoid arthritis and Hepatitis C. Taking prednisone and Norco. Alternate medicine for Norco?

I am 63 yr old female, with severe rheumatoid arthritis , diagnosed for 14 years. I also had hep C 10 years ago and underwent treatment. I responded to it very good, and now my titer and liver counts are normal, I do not show Hep C in current blood tests. I have been on Plaquenil , Prednisone , and have taken Norco for pain. Rheumatologists want to give me Biological Modifiers, telling me there is risk, and I do not choose to assume that risk. My question is: I have been seeing a Pain Management Specialist who was shut down by the state of Indiana, which left me without my Norco, I went to Primary Care Dr, who seems to be afraid to prescribe me any pain medicine, I can hardly stand to move, my main concern is I am sick, diariah, weak, have gone back to her three times in past week, complaining of being sick, asking about withdrawal, afterall, I have taken Norco for 7 yrs, and she is referring me to an orthopaedic Dr. That appointment isn t for 4 weeks. Why do those of us who deal with this awful disease are treated like our pain isn t that important. Yes the Plaquenil, might help, it is a DMARD, but the pain I am dealing with is causing my life to be so miserable. The Norco made it tolerable, and I never abused it, never ran out before time. . . because there is a problem with people abusing Rx drugs, people like me have to suffer? What can I do to help with these symptoms of withdrawal?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013