Suffering from severe neck pain below Adams apple, tingling in the scalp. Could this be due to photo periodic migraine with neck muscle spasm?

My daughter has been suffering over the past 3 1/2 years, since she was 17 years old. She gets a severe neck-pain exactly at 12.30 am (midnight), that is confined just below the Adam s Apple, to a surface area of forefinger-tip. This pain stays localised at that spot. At the same time, she gets a tingling pain on her scalp that keeps traveling around. At 5.30 am to 6.00 am, the neck-pain and the scalp-pain cease and she is perfectly ok. During this time, ie 12.30 am to 5.30-6.00 am, she cannot sleep. If she shuts her eyes, she gets an extremely sharp and searing pain in her head, and she screams about in pain. Nobody is able to diagnose this situation, except for one neurologist who feels it could be photo-periodic migraine coupled with spasm of neck-muscle. After 6.00 am, she goes off to sleep until 8.00 pm or much later, or continues sleeping until 12.30 am, when she wakes up with a start and with the pain. She refuses to wake up when she is in good sleep, and therefore she has not gone out of the house for the past 3 1/2 years. Please help. I am at my logical end of understanding.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012