Suffering from severe freezing. Is it because of rasalect ?

my husband is a known case of IPD since 1996.he is taking amantrel,pacitane and ropark 2mg.since last week he has been advised rasalect 1mg.his freezing has now become it due to rasalect/
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
1. Freezing of gait should does not worsen with Rasalect. It may be a sign of progression of disease or tolerance to existing medication.
2. Use of visual clues may be attempted before increasing doses. There are many ways such as contrast flooring, strips, modified walking sticks, use of laser pointers among others.
3. An excellent portrayal of freezing was in the 1990 Robert De Niro and Robin Williams film 'The Awakenings'.