Suffering from severe cramps in the upper right leg after a heart catherization. No blood clots. Difficulty in walking due to pain. Is this normal?

I just recently (about 2 weeks ago) had a heart cath - everything was good, however, I am suffering severe cramps in my lupper right leg between the knee and thigh. My cardiologist did a scann and there was no indication of a blood clot. He said it was most likely an inflammation and should go away in a few weeks! This is very painful, I am taking Aleve , in the evening when I am sleeping I am getting severe foot cramps and leg cramps, but mostly when I try to walk a distance it is very painful. What may have cause this to happen?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012