Suffering from severe back pain due to spinal stenosis. Family history of spinabifida. Treatment?

I have had trouble with back pains since I was a child, as my spine is curved, but as I ve got older the pain has got worse over time and had started to travel down my legs when walking for more than 10 minutes, recently it has got even worse, shorter time of how long I can walk, and in the cold it s even worse. I went to doctors as it was really hurting, and been diagnosed with Spinal stenosis , my dad s sister has spinabifida, my brother had to have a metal rod placed in his back when we was kids. will I be able to claim dla as this is effecting my health? and if so how do I go about doing this?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012