Suffering from severe back pain, both legs cannot feel the ground. History of slip disc. Is it nerve damage?

Several years ago I slipped a disc at L5/S1. I had a fusion and made a good recovery. Recently I decided to return to work and I saw a physiotherapist to help with inner core strength. He brought my legs to my shoulders and bounced on them. I immediately felt a weird sensation in my legs. I cannot feel the ground through both legs and I cannot drive because I cannot feel the pedals in my car. My physiotherapist says I will get better in a few weeks and my GP has just offered me stronger pain killers and could not comment on this problem. I am worried because I have severe back pain higher up my back than the problems I had at L5/S1 and am cannot feel the ground. I am worried that I have nerve damage what should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013