Suffering from severe back pain. CT scan showing enlarged spleen. Elevated bilirubin levels. What is wrong?

I am a 37 year old male...6 2 tall, been an athlete my entire life. I went to the ER two days ago for severe back pain. It was located mid to lower thorax , not flank area. Over the past few years I have had elevated bilirubin levels. I had a CT scan and it showed an enlarged (mild to moderate) spleen . Direct bilirubin was 0.30 and total bilirubin was 1.8... need help with what is going on.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012