Suffering from seizures, enlarged heart, only two heart valves. History of asthma. Treatment?

my son has recently been having seizures, now doctor says he has an enlarged heart and only two heart valves. he is 35 and the only illness he had as a child is asthma . my son is in prison and he was just taken to st. on sept. 24, he had his first episode on sept 17. is there anything that can be done to rule out seizures or congenital heart defects
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

Regarding seizure and ruling out epilepsy, MRI brain-epilepsy protocol and EEG (electroencephalography) are useful.

For evaluation of congenital heart disease, an echocardiogram and consultation with a cardiologist are useful.

If epilepsy is confirmed, anti-epileptic drugs would be required.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad