Suffering from second degree burns, having red bumps with white heads, itchy, prescribed lice cream. Why so?

boyfriend got second degree burns 21/2 weeks ago was treated @ hospital with silver sulf. a week later he has broke out with red bumps with white heads on them & they itch really bad house is clean no bed bugs took him back to hospital they gave him scrip for lice cream & itch meds & antib. but they dont know what it is no fleas in house
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and thanks for posting your query on HCM
Do not worry for the red bumps with white heads.
It is a sign of recovery.
Itching reflects that his nerves are preserved. This is a good sign as nerves too get burned in burns and the skin feels no sensations at all.
The cream prescribed to you is for symptomatic relief and no really for lice or flea.
I hope it is relieving you of your itching.

Thanks and take care
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi dear your boy friend got second degree burns,but you have not mentioned the percentage of the burned area,any way he developed red bumps with white head ,this super added infection which is very common in burns patient,and infection has produced itching,it has nothing to do with bed bugs.He has to continue with antibiotic,creams.burns patient are under very much stress and their body catabolism is increased very much,and they have increase acid production in stomach ,that is the reason he is probably prescribed ice cream

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.