Suffering from sciatica pain, numbness in finger after taking prescribed pills. Will it go away on its own?

My brother is who is 37 is suffering from sciatica pain at this moment. He passed 2 days not being able to stand up on his legs. Doctor prescribed pills which he feel better but after 2 days he is not feeling the small finger of his feet, it is numb and he feels a lump in his calf which is worrying him. Does he have to worry about it or it will pass after he finishes the pills prescribed? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013