Suffering from schizophrenia, no improvement in auditory hallucination. Prescribed Olanzapine, clozapine. Is it safe?

Hi, My mother is 57 years old and she is suffering from schizophrenia for last 35 years. she had been taking olanzapin 7.5 mg for last three years.because of no improvement in auditory hallucination , she has been advised by doctor to start taking clozapine along with olanzapin. doctor has advised to start clozapin from 12.5 mag and increase it to 50 mg within 2 weeks and also take olanzapine same does. another doctor has told me that olanzapine and clozapine should not be given simultaneously because of same group. I dont know what should be done. I dont know whether my doc wants to replace olan with clozapine or he wants a combination of both. My mother has started taking clozapine for last 3 days. Please advice. please advice.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012