Suffering from schizophrenia and nerve disorder. Olimet prescribed. Will this help to overcome the abnormal behavior?

hi doctor,
my brother is a schizophreneia patient with nerve disorder on his one leg. He was hospitalised 4 -5 years back for three months. after treatment he was normal for few days .Doctor advised to continue olimelt 10mg tab for 100 more days after he was discharged from the hospital.My parents could not continue it. now sometimes when my brother again stop talking and start behaving abnormally my parents give him a dose of olimelt 5mag.after continuing this tab for 4 to 5 days again my brother gets normal. I just want to know is this tablet will help my brother to overcome his problem?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013