Suffering from scalp condition, scalp slime, sweating, extreme hair fall. Biopsy shows no malignancy. Causes for slime attack?

Hi I have a scalp condition I call scalp slim- I am a 62 year old male and had long redish blonde hair all my life- a few years ago I woke up in middle of night my scalp in a weird slimmy sweat- mostly at back of my neck- I put cold compresses on area and it seemed ok. Next morning went into shower and all my hair from base of my neck around bottom of back of my head fell out- I looked like a freak - had to shave my head - my hair grows back fast but every 2 months I get a slimy sweat and my hair falls out and cycle starts over. Went to 3 dermatologists and they did biopsy and no malignancy . All they say is be thankful it isn t cancer . I am thankful but I want to know how to stop the slime attack.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012