Suffering from salty sensation in mouth. Earlier she was diagnosed fungal infection and given medication for 2-3 months

dear sir my mother is 49yr old suffering from salty sensation in mouth since one year. earlier she was diagnosed fungal infection and given medication for 2-3 months along with nutritional supplements but was not much relieved, yesterday she went to other dr who on examination saw white patch on right buccal mucosa near upper molar tooth and called it leukoplekia, what should i do? i am a final year mbbs student, kindly heip me with ur knowledge. my email id is he gave IDL CAPSULES OD fr 3 months add asked for review bt didnt advise any test. is there any need of biopsy?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011