Suffering from ruptured ear. Frequent ear infections, hearing loss. Surgery suggested. On chemotherapy for breast cancer. Will boric powder help the ear?

Hi Doctors, This is in reference to my Mom s suffering with a ruptured ear condition. She went for a ear cleaning 7 years back from one one of the known doctors in Delhi and unfortunately landed with a ruptured ear. It has till date not healed. She keeps getting ear infections frequently every 3-4 months time. When her ear drum ruptured she also got to know that the second ear was never working maybe by birth. So, she was dependednt on that one ear only. But due to frequent ear infections and all the precautions she takes, she cant even use hearing aids easily. SO, no doctor (almost 4 doctors have been consulted for her) prescribes her for a surgery. On top of that 5 months back, she has been detected with breast cancer . She had undergone 6 chemos and now starting her Radiation therapy course. But due to her ear infections she is very demotivated more than her current problem of breast cancer. We fail to understand why is not gettign cured for her ruptured ear. Can anyone in this forum, please help to guide us on what can we do for her to get her problem fixed. Recently one doctor we referred to has told her to try putting Boric powder in her ear for few days...that might help to heal her ear drum..but no idea if thats gonna work or if there s any side effect to that. Also, is there any other way or treatment which can help her. Please suggest.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012