Suffering from ringworm on shin. Using anti-fungal cream, slight pus secretion. Anti-fungal tablets required?

Hi, my son has had a ring worm on his shin about twice the size of your thumb nail...I ve been treating it with clonea...anti fungal cream for about 2 weeks now applying the cream twice a day. Today I noticed it has gotten a bit bigger and now has little pus secreting spots on it... Similar to a pimple . Should I take him to the doctor for anti fungal tablets as well as the cream or just keep persisting with the cream?? Thanks heaps for your advice.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013