Suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Taking allopathy. Can I take steroids?

Hi My mom is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis from 2 and half years, she started taking allopathy medicines initially but couldn t find any relief at all from the pain killers.. so she shifted to ayurvedam medicines..but since 6months pains got vey severe and she is unable to do basic day to day work too.. doctor prescribed zempred and some pain killers for 10 days it ok to take steroids ..I heard that these medicines have side effects which tamper eye sight and other major health issues.. she is suffering a lot please suggest ?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013