Suffering from recurring swelling in throat, huskiness in voice, difficulty in speaking. No improvement with medicines. What can be done?

Hi Doctor My wife is suffering from throat problem her voice is hunky. Doctor told me she has a gastric of throat last time he gave her medicine and after taken medicine she was completely okay but now she is suffering again and we visit same doctor 2 month before and start to take medicine but this time medicine couldn t work. her throat is little bit swelling and voice is not clear and she is feeling trouble to speak.
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012
It is likely that your wife is having throat problem .
It will be better to consult E N T surgeon and get a check up .Examination of throat may reveal the condition .
Proper diagnosis will help in early recovery .
It will be better to avoid exposure to cold , avoid cold drinks,and rest to voice will be helpful .
hoping early recovery of your wife