Suffering from prolapsed hemorrhoids. Affecting self confidence, feeling depressed. Looking for treatment?

My girlfriend has a prolapsed hemorroid that is bothering her quite badly, she has seen a surgeon who told her having the surgery may do more harm than good and advised against it. But this has affected her way of living to the point where she cannot stand it. It has started affecting her emotionally, her self confidence , and seeing signs of depression . Now, she is an epilectic and as Im trying to keep her stress level down, this hemorroid is not helping at all. If you have any advice I sure would appreciate it, should I try to find a different surgeon or get a second opinion? Please help,
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012