Suffering from polycystic kidney disease. Neurologist recommended to see a specialist. Advice

I was looking into a nephrologist background that I will be seeing tomorrow. I have polycystic kidney disease in my right kidney (only one) and my kidney function was 13 in January. My neurologist has recommended me seeing a specialist fairly quickly as I just moved back from Fl 6 months ago where I was being monitored as well. I am apprahensive about the appointment as my sister had a transplant and ultimately passed away.
I do not have money to pay for an online consult. thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Hello.Polycystic Kidney is a genetic pathology.It is a serious disease.
Besides kidney problems (blood in the urine, infections) also causes high blood pressure and cysts in other organs (spleen, liver ...)
The disease slowly progresses to renal failure.
It is very important that you be examined by a nephrologist as soon as possible.
After periodic reviews will need for life.
I wish you good health.
(In case the answer would have been useful please indicate this)