Suffering from piles. Fiber supplement suggested. Is it safe to go for the surgery?

Hi Doctor... I am suffering from second degree piles. I got myself checked from a Surgeon who advised me to use supplement containing fibers. Now I feel the problem has increased because I feel continuous burning, discomfort and sometimes itching. I asked doctors for operation as I want to get rid of it, but he told me that operating piles has some complications. Could you tell me the better treatment for this... Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013