Suffering from panic attacks, unable to control it while using public transport. Treatment options?

Hi I have been suffering from panic attacks for years they come and go but I found that if I go on public transport I get them really bad and and can not control them at all I never use to have to catch public transport be for I m going to go see a doctor last time I went on a plane I took Valium which really helped me but I m not sure if the doctor will prescribe me it I m not sure what to do as I need to catch public transport once a week and need something that will help straight away
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012