Suffering from painful throat and white patches in throat. Difficulty in swallowing and fatigue. What could this be?

Hi, recently I developed a very painful sore throat that s accompanied with white patches in the back of my throat, and areas of swelling on my gums. I ve had the sore throat with white patches before but never with the gum symptom. My neck is also tender to the touch. I ve had a bit of fatigue and a bit of what s felt like a low grade fever but those symptoms have subsided for the most part. My notable symptoms are the painful sore throat with white patches in the back of it, difficulty swallowing , gum swelling/tenderness in certain spots, and a tender neck. What could this be?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013