Suffering from pain or irritation on waist. Treated with trinerve. Am I okay?

Dear Sir, I am suffering from pain/ irritation on the waist for the last one year and also on front side of thigh pinning pain. Pain/ irritation does not extend beyond knees on lower side. Sometimes standing creates maximum irritation. I was treated with trinerve and excercise which did not solve the problem. last month consulted a Ortho spine surgeon there and x-ray and MRI was done which are as follows:- 1.At L5 level, bilateral spondylolysis , grade I anterolisthesis, dessicated disc with pseudodisc bulge causing stenosis of bilateral neural foramine and impining bilateral exiting nerves. 2. At L4-L5 level, dessicated disc, partial annular tear with mild posterior disc btulge intending thecal sac. After seeing the MRI doctor suggested surgery to be done since it has affected nerves which caused irritation which goes beyond waist. I am sir, not at all prepared for surgery and asked for medication and gabapentin Mecabolamin along with paracetamol as pain killer was given and physiotherapist showed some excercise which i could start last week. After doing these exercise my problem aggravated and again i contacted one orthopedics who said the exercises were not correct which aggravated my problem and further suggested some excercise and also suggested to take Trinerve daily. Sir, My humble request to you that as suggested by doctors whether SURGERY is must to cure this problems? I will definitely take the advise of your esteemed Institute before taking any decision. Thanks, Sir, Atleast if possible kindly answer my question to relive me of great tension.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012