Suffering from pain in knees, feet and shoulder due to Rheumatoid arthritis. What is the treatment in allopathy?

hi doctor, Could you please tell me whether we should go for allopathic medicine for arthiritis or Rheumatoid arthiritis... I dnt know xactly which one out of these is the disease my mother has. But she some times has a lot of pain in knees, feet and shoulder . There is some doctor, who is giving liquid kind of medicine like few medicine-drops to be mixed in water and to be taken and 1 medicine is like just directly put on the tounge. Please tell if some thing like that is possible or he is just making fool of us.! He is telling in 6 months, he will cure the disease 1 morning, my mom had all her feet swelled up, she couldn t walk even..So he suggested 1 tablet over the phn, after taking that she was feeling very good i.e without any sort of pain. In the explanation of that swelling , he told this is all infection coming out of the body. Can you please tell me , what is the best solution for it. What kind of doctor we should go to .
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012