Suffering from ovarian cist. would it be better to remove the cyst via surgery or should continue medicine ?

I have a friend who has ovarian cyst . She is suffering from this problem since past 2 years. When diagnosed, the size of cyst was found to be around 2 inches. I have read in a health magzine that cyst of size around 2-3 inches can be removed surgically. Considering her age, which is 20 at present, would it be better to remove the cyst via surgery or should she just continue to take her medicine ? If surgery is an option, then I would like to know whether there will be any side effect of this surgery that can effect her in any way in future
Asked On : Sun, 25 Jul 2010