Suffering from neck pain even after doing exercise. Pain floats from neck, lower back, shoulder, upper chest, behind head. Advice?

Hello Sir, I am 42yrs old i am sufering from neck pain from past one year, i have met general/neuro/ortho specailists, all suggest to do exercise, I have taken the x-ray and MRI scan also it says small focal posterocentral discal protrusion seen abuting the thecal sac at c4-c4 & c4-c5. central spine canal & nerve root canals are at adequate dimensions, Cervical cord at this level appears normal. My problem is i am doing regular exercise suggest by doctor/physo but still on & off pain, some time it is unbearable. Pain floats in my neck,lower back,shoulder,upper chest,left hand,behind my head. I request you to give me a good suggestion please.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012