Suffering from neck pain after an unsuccessful shoulder replacement surgery. Have spondylitis. Are these related?

Hi, my name is Lyn,
I have had 4 shoulder surgeries over the past 14 yrs, the last one a shoulder replacement due to a workplace accident, the surgery wasn't successful as they had to remove most of my muscles and tendons leaving me with a arm I can't lift and do most day to day things, ever since the first surgery i have suffered neck pain but since the replacement, i now have chronic pain in my neck that has being diagnosed as neck spondylitis could this have being caused from this long term shoulder condition and pain.
Thank you
Lyn Bottles. Canberra Australia
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013