Suffering from muscle and joint aches, tiredness, hot flushes, urinary incontinence with gaining weight

muscle and joint aches , weight gain, tired, hot flushes, urinary incontinence , eye problems, hand and foot cramps, forgetfulness is this due to thyroid i went to my doctor because I was not sleeping due to waking up sweating and i put this down to menopause because of my gender and age (51), he looked at me and ordered a thyroid test. I was surprised, but it does explain a few things, for example, i work out with a personal trainer, but am gaining weight, I have muscle and joint aches, I get forgetful - normally i have an excellent memory, i am slower physically, and cannot keep up with other people who do not work out! i have urinary incontinence on occasions, my eyes are sore and feel as if something is in them, i have hand and feet cramping and i had put all this down to getting older. Is it likely to be due to thyroid, i have two weeks to wait for results of blood tests.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Aug 2011