Suffering from morning loose motion. Is it IBS ?

I am 24 old weight is 46 kg...I have stool 3 times in a day after my i can t go for a work...please give me a solution.
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Hi Suneetha,
If you have been having three bowel movements in a day, for quite some time, then it is a matter of habit and not a disease condition. If it is of recent origin then it could be due to some pathological condition.
You can go for work, and suppress the urge to pass stool for a few days and you could come out of this habit. But if the stools are loose this will not work and you have to consult a doctor and get your stool examined.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi suneetha, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Since how long do you have this Problem? You are suffering from Loose Stools. It is something everyone experiences. Most cases of diarrhea go away without treatment. But see your doctor if it persists, if you become dehydrated or if you pass blood in stools. I hope you don't have such symptoms. Kindly consult a Physician and get yourself examined so that he may prescribe you antibiotics as there will some amount of infection in Gastro Intestinal Tract (GIT). Drink plenty of clear liquids including tender coconut water. Add semisolid and low fiber foods gradually as your bowel movements return to normal. Avoid high fiber, fatty foods and dairy products until your symptoms improve. Take your medications regularly as directed by your Doctor at least for 5 days.

Wish you Good Health. Take Care.