Suffering from melasma since pregnancy. Using melacare. Is it safe?

Sir, I am mother of 4 months baby and i have been suffering from melasma since pregnancy. As i heard that melasma due to pregnancy automatically goes after delivery but even after four months of delivery i am suffering from melasma. Now i am using melacare forte in the night and then apply the sunscreen with spf 50 in the morning. So whether it is safe and how long i can continue it, since i heard that after stopping melacare cream the skin becomes more dark. If it is not safe please suggest me what to do??
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013