Suffering from lower back pain and abdominal pain, blood in stools. Cause for this symptoms?

I have bright red blood in my stool . This has been going on for over a week now. I also have lower back pain and some abdominal pain . I am not having trouble with constipation. I did experience what I thought was sciatica nerve pain a few weeks ago which is why I thought I was still having lower back pain. This bright blood in my stool is causing me to become alarmed about ALL of my recent symptoms however. Can you tell me what this might be?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013